The all important small print
Payment and completion of the Booking & Fitness to Travel Form to your Travel Agent acknowledges that you have read, understood and accepted these booking conditions. Grand Pacific Tours is a 100% Australian owned company.
The following are general terms and conditions, please refer to individual brochures for specific terms and conditions.
1. Payment A deposit of $200 per person in your local currency (AUD/NZD) is required at the time of booking. If the Tour Package includes flights, a further deposit to cover the airfare and taxes is also required at time of booking. The Airlines require all Trans Tasman flight bookings to have the air ticket issued within five days of confirmation of the Airline reservation. Please note as Grand Pacific Tours offer a fully inclusive package price, the dollar difference between ‘Land Only’ price and ‘Package Price’ (including airfare from the departure city) does not represent the airfare deposit amount due. Please enquire with your Travel Agent as to the exact amount of airfare deposit and taxes required at the time of booking. The balance of payment, including any merchandise, is due 60 days prior to departure.
2. Prices All holiday prices are based on schedules, fares and tariffs current at the time of printing. Grand Pacific Tours reserves the right to vary the cost of tours if necessary, by reason of currency fluctuation, component cost increase or airfare cost. Tour costing will be guaranteed at the price prevailing at the date of final payment.
3. Taxes Tour prices do not include Australian Government and Airport taxes and levies. A current airline tax guide per adult follows.
Tax amounts are subject to change and will be confirmed at time of booking.
New Zealand Departure Taxes from Wellington International Airport is paid on departure from New Zealand.
4. Luggage Limits Each traveller is entitled to take one suitcase, the sum of its length, width and depth is not to exceed 140cm and weigh no more than 20 kilograms. Airlines will charge a fee for every kilogram you are over.
5. Single Travellers Smoking is not permitted in Single to Twin share rooms. If someone is not compatible with the person they have been matched up with, any additional costs incurred to assist with changing their room type will be at the traveller’s expense and will be subject to availability. Acceptance of Single to Twin share basis is subject to the individual’s medical condition being suitable for this type of arrangement.
The option to twin share with another single traveller is not available on some tours. Please enquire with your Travel Agent at time of booking.
6. Room & Dietary Requests Special room and dietary requests will be accepted and passed on to the hotels but cannot be guaranteed.
7. Triple Share Room Bookings Hotel rooms are generally sized to accommodate two travellers in comfort. When three travellers elect to share a room note that there will be restricted space. Please note that a rollaway bed may be used for triple share room bookings where three separate beds are required.
Special conditions apply on all tours that overnight on Ipipiri, the Overnight Boat in the Bay of Islands. Please enquire at time of booking.
8. Smoking Laws Smoking is not permitted in any licensed premises (bars, restaurants, cafes, casinos, etc) throughout New Zealand. Smoking rooms at hotels will be subject to availability and may not be available in some destinations.
9. Seat Rotation For the enjoyment of all travellers Grand Pacific Tours operates a daily seat rotation system which all travellers must participate in as a condition of booking.
10. Travel Insurance Travel Insurance is not included but is strongly recommended for all travellers. Speak to your local Travel Agent to arrange this.
11. Cancellations/Transfer of Booking In the event a traveller cancels off a tour the following fees apply:
If you wish to cancel your existing booking and transfer to a new departure date, the above cancellation fees will still apply.
12. Health and Fitness Payment of deposit by traveller(s) to Grand Pacific Tours acts as a warranty that the traveller(s) is/are reasonably healthy and/or fit to participate in the tour and the traveller(s) indemnifies Grand Pacific Tours from all actions, claims and demands arising out of any want of health and fitness. Grand Pacific Tours reserves the right to remove a traveller from a tour if their health and/or fitness interferes with the tour or other traveller(s) tour experience in any way. Travelling with a wheelchair is subject to availability at the time of booking as each tour only has the capacity to cater for one wheelchair passenger.
13. Responsibilities Grand Pacific Tours advises that the service it provides is for the booking and packaging of goods and services provided by other operators such as hotels and transportation companies. Travellers are advised to familiarise themselves with the terms and conditions on which these services are supplied. Accordingly, Grand Pacific Tours will not be responsible and will be excluded from liability for any loss, damage, omission or acts being negligent or otherwise, committed by the operators of airlines, coach companies, hotels or attractions used in connection with the tours.
14. Airline Indemnity Airlines carry no responsibility for any statement in this brochure relating to the ground content of the tours. These airlines act as air carriers only. Grand Pacific Tours indemnifies the airlines against any claim, action, loss or damage that may arise.
15. Optional Tours Grand Pacific Tours does not operate these excursions. As such, no person employed or associated with Grand Pacific Tours has any connection with the operators of these excursions. Accordingly, Grand Pacific Tours cannot and do not take any responsibility for any injury, action, loss or damage of any type, arising in any manner from these excursions.
16.Variation Grand Pacific Tours reserves the right to cancel or to vary the content of its tours should the need arise.
17. Dispute The law of this contract is the law of the State of Victoria and where applicable the law of the Commonwealth of Australia and New Zealand.
18. Documentation The traveller(s) is/are responsible for the acquisition of passports and appropriate visas, where necessary. We recommend that such documents, as required by governments, are finalised at least six weeks prior to the date of departure.
19. Transfers Return airport transfers in New Zealand are not included if travellers have pre or post tour accommodation booked outside the Tour Hotels.
20. Refund Please note that no refund shall be made for any unused portion of any itinerary. Any alteration to the holiday, made by a traveller(s), shall be wholly at the expense of that traveller(s).
21. Holiday Duration The first and last day of most structured holidays is considered a travelling day and therefore depending on flight times, may not necessarily be a whole day.
22. Senior Card Holders Senior Card discounts do not apply on Regional departures, or special group departures. This cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. A photocopy of the Seniors Card must be submitted at the time of booking for the discount to apply. There will be no retrospective discounts.
23. Travel Compensation Fund Grand Pacific Tours is a participant of the Travel Compensation Fund. The Travel Compensation Fund is Australia’s primary means of providing compensation to eligible travellers who suffer loss as a result of the financial collapse of a participating travel agency business.
Grand Pacific Tours run a Trust Account holding clients monies until tour payments are settled. All tours are prepaid to New Zealand hotels and attractions.
24. Validity The majority of these tours are valid from 1 September 2011 to 30 June 2012. Please check the specific conditions for each.
25. Force Majeure Except where otherwise expressly stated in these booking conditions we regret that we cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance of our contractual obligations is prevented or affected by reason of circumstances amounting to “force majeure”. In these booking conditions, ‘force majeure’ means any event which we or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include war or threat of war, riots, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire and all similar events outside our control.